Actor Paul Mescal discusses his rage following a "creepy" fan's groping of him

Peter Mescal

Paul Mescal, an Oscar nominee, has expressed his rage over a fan who groped him after he asked for a photo outside the theater where he was performing.

She put her hand on my ass as we were posing for the photo, he claimed to ES Magazine.

The Irish performer was in the lobby of London's Almeida Theatre, where he was giving a performance of A Streetcar Named Desire.

I moved away because I assumed it was an accident. But the hand went after. I can still feel my body tensing up and feeling really angry. ".

In response to a question about what he did next, Mescal said: "I turned to her and said, "What're you doing? Take your hand off my ass.". ".

Calling someone out in front of the theater is "the last thing I want to do," he told the newspaper, adding that it is uncomfortable for everyone involved.

"However, it was actually not OK. It was icky and spooky. ".

According to him, 97 percent of fame thus far has been "really nice," but the remaining 3 percent has involved "somebody, like, grabbing your ass.".

Mescal has received glowing reviews for his performance as Stanley in the Tennessee Williams play, which will move to the West End the following month.

His performance as Calum, a man with mental health issues who is on vacation with his 11-year-old daughter, has earned him a nomination for best actor at this year's Oscars.

Frankie Corio with Paul Mescal
Aftersun stars Paul Mescal and Frankie Corio.

For Elvis, he is competing against Austin Butler, Colin Farrell, Brendan Fraser, Bill Nighy, and The Banshees of Inisherin. He was also a Bafta nominee for best actor.

The Oscars ceremony was on March 12, and he said: "Look, I'm not going to win. I can essentially just sit back and enjoy it because there aren't really any high stakes involved.

. "

Source link

You've successfully subscribed to Webosor
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.