Rappers Offset and Quavo from the US came together at the BET Awards on Sunday to pay a surprise tribute to their late bandmate Takeoff.
In a surprise appearance, the two remaining Migos members performed the band's hit song, "Bad and Boujee.".
It was their first performance as a team since Takeoff, 28, was fatally shot in November of last year.
Beyoncé and SZA shared the best album prize at Sunday's BET awards ceremony in Los Angeles and won two additional awards each.
Offest pointed at a screen displaying a picture of a rocket that changed into a sizable image of their late bandmate while yelling "Doing this for Take!".
"I can't take it right now," Offset's wife Cardi B tweeted following the performance. pleased with the boys. ".
The performance was the highlight for Migos fans, who tweeted that the hip-hop scene needed to see this reconciliation. ".
SZA's smash SOS and Beyoncé's Renaissance shared the award for album of the year.
For the first time, SZA defeated Beyoncé to win best female R&B/pop artist. She also took home the video of the year award for Kill Bill.
The winner was Beyoncé's Break My Soul, but the singer couldn't accept it because she was in the middle of her Renaissance tour.
The televised ceremony only featured six awards, but the performances made the show nearly four hours long. There were only two winners present to personally accept their prizes: Latto and Coco Jones.
When Patti LaBelle paid tribute to Tina Turner, she had trouble with the teleprompter, so the audience had to sing along to help her. I can't see the words and I don't know - I'm tryin', y'all! she exclaimed to the audience during The Best as she found it difficult to follow the lyrics.
The late Queen of Rock 'n' Roll, who passed away last month at the age of 83, inspired her to keep going. Tina Turner, God bless you!" LaBelle cried.
Hip-hop's 50th anniversary was celebrated at this year's BET Awards, which also gave rapper Busta Rhymes his third consecutive lifetime achievement award. Rhymes uttered these words during an emotional speech: "I'm [going to] wear it on my sleeve. Yes, I want to cry. ".
Celebrating excellence in music, film, and sport, the Black Entertainment Awards.
Winners of the 2023 BET Awards in full:.
- Beyoncé's Renaissance and SZA's SOS are both contenders for album of the year.
- Wait for U by Future featuring Drake and Tems is the best collaboration.
- SZA is the best female R&B/pop artist.
- Usher and Chris Brown tie for best male R&B/pop artist.
- Best up-and-coming artist: Coco Jones.
- Drake and 21 Savage make the best group.
- Latto is the best female rapper.
- Kendrick Lamar is the best male rapper.
- Kirk Franklin and Maverick City Music's Bless Me won Dr. Bobby Jones' best gospel/inspirational song award.
- Break My Soul by Beyoncé won her the award.
- Kill Bill by SZA, video of the year.
- Teyana "Spike Tey" Taylor is the 2018 Video Director of the Year.
- The greatest film is Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
- - Angela Bassett, best actress.
- Idris Damon is the best actor.
- Beyoncé's "Break My Soul" won the viewers' choice award.
- Young Stars Award recipient Marsai Martin.
- Angel Reese, 2017's sportswoman of the year.
- Jalen Hurts was named sportsman of the year.
- Busta Rhymes' lifetime achievement.